Author Topic: An Article on "Introduction to database".  (Read 10014 times)

Tayab

An Article on "Introduction to database".
« on: October 03, 2012, 12:44:44 AM »
Good evening everyone,
                                   I am Tayab once again with a pretty defined explanation of what database actually is, I gleaned throughout the internet for proper term definition of it since I was very confused in it, I though to share that with you (someone who doesn't know) guys. it's an article of a random website which was really helpful to me.

In order to maintain the copyright; I've added the source of that article at below

A collection of information organized in such a way that a computer program can quickly select desired pieces of data. You can think of a database as an electronic filing system.

Traditional databases are organized by fields, records, and files. A field is a single piece of information; a record is one complete set of fields; and a file is a collection of records. For example, a telephone book is analogous to a file. It contains a list of records, each of which consists of three fields: name, address, and telephone number.

An alternative concept in database design is known as Hypertext. In a Hypertext database, any object, whether it be a piece of text, a picture, or a film, can be linked to any other object. Hypertext databases are particularly useful for organizing large amounts of disparate information, but they are not designed for numerical analysis.

To access information from a database, you need a database management system (DBMS). This is a collection of programs that enables you to enter, organize, and select data in a database.

Hope that makes sense; questions will be warmly welcomed.

Source: http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/D/database.html
Date: Not found
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 12:54:11 AM by Tayab »

Savera

Re: An Article on "Introduction to database".
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 04:55:01 AM »
Not really any question but I can see you are trying to learn lots of things.. Goodluck.. Just make sure you go systematic. For each subject buy book and finish it then start looking for resources on internet or elsewhere.
 :) :) :)

Tayab

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 05:01:50 AM »
Yep, I am going systematically, as I was guided to. Thanks for your advise though.

I am hoping that you guys will help me out somewhere I get stuck. 

Savera

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 05:08:13 AM »
Sure anytime, and this is what community forums are all about , I have also learned lot this way.
:) :) :)

X

Do you know?

IfandBut.com is place where you can meet serious webmasters and make new ties to grow your business.
Join Now!
anything