Author Topic: Pingomatic is a bit overloaded at the moment, try again in a few minutes  (Read 5668 times)

Savera

I have an application in that I have added feature to send ping (XmlRPC ping) to pingomatic.com but most of the time I get following error :
Code: [Select]
Pingomatic is a bit overloaded at the moment, try again in a few minutes

I think I get it almost 90% of the time so purpose of pinging is not solved at all. I tested this with other services and it is working fine but I want to ping pingomatic only because it pings other services well and they keep track of other services very well.

Is it that they are doing some kind of load-balancing this way and not allowing automated ping always or there is any particular interval which is required before pinging again. I have set my script to not to ping if last ping was less 15 min ago.

But if at same time I ping directly through pingomatic web interface, they can ping easily, infact there is never load issue error from web interface.

Are they doing some kind of throttling ?

Jaffery

• Administrator
Re: Pingomatic is a bit overloaded at the moment, try again in a few minutes
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 06:11:43 AM »
If your script is working fine with other services then it is most probably issue with pingomatic, after all its third party service, if you can then ping directly desired services instead of relying on pingomatic.

May be it is their way of handling server loads.

X

Do you know?

By participating in our community you can get free Top Level Domain for lifetime.
Know more..
Join Now!
anything