Author Topic: Own Webhost  (Read 13712 times)

Scrubsy

Own Webhost
« on: January 28, 2012, 01:04:27 PM »
Does anyone here host there own website? Using WAMP or something? I was considering and was wondering how easy it was.

Jaffery

• Administrator
Re: Own Webhost
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 05:14:32 PM »
Or you are trying to say if anyone is hosting site from their own servers hosted at their location.
Well, that is easy if you have an amateur site but if you are looking for something professional then its always cheaper and wiser to go with some good host  or datacenter (co-location or similar) . 

Dilip

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 08:48:01 PM »
Not advisable unless you are good enough in managing it. It appears cheap, but the quality of internet line, server config (in this case PC), uptime of internet (considering factors like maintenance, lightning etc) etc affect a lot. It is good if we have a good setup but otherwise, it will be loss of traffic and hence revenue.

Scrubsy

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 06:02:41 PM »
I figured so, detailed posts guys appreciate it. Also I hear that for members to connect it has to be on 24/7 and this therefore will charge up your energy bill. Correct?

Dilip

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 08:13:18 PM »
Same power required for running the machine (which serves as server), modem, UPS or inverter if any. Thought it can be done, too much headache, better served if we pay for hosting.

Scrubsy

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 04:20:14 PM »
I figured. After all there's plenty of decent hosting offers out there. Actually I got a free host anyway. And it's brilliant (not like 000webhost or anything dodgy like that)

Dilip

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 10:10:22 PM »
Congrats , normally very hard to find :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scrubsy

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 04:07:56 PM »
I've found that I've come across a few decent ones as of late. If you want me to link them to you then PM me. However the one I mentioned previously was given to me via re-seller.

Dilip

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 11:39:37 PM »
Thanks for the offer. Will surely PM you for my next project. :)

hdhdhdcp

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 12:44:20 AM »
I think that you need to get paid hosting preferably in a vps because if not your ip may get banned by google

X

Do you know?

Just make posts in this community and win .com / .org / .net domain name free.
Know more..
Join Now!
anything