Author Topic: Dedicated server using too much Swap disk  (Read 9887 times)

Anay

Dedicated server using too much Swap disk
« on: April 28, 2011, 03:39:45 PM »
Hi folks.

My dedicated server which is running CentOS 5.2 with 2GB RAM and cor2duo processor. Recently I am noticing that there is too much swap disk usage. But I don't see any traffic increase on any of the site. This server is only used for hosting company website and all are same as they were 5 months back but now swap disk usage is almost 5% which was never before more than 0.02% .

I think it is bad for server and it is also increasing disk I/O .

Please tell me what I need to work upon ? from where to start to fix this problem ?

Jaffery

• Administrator
Re: Dedicated server using too much Swap disk
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 05:55:44 AM »
There could be many reason behind swap disk space usage increase. Solution can be easy as increasing RAM or may be you need to tweak your server configuration. I suggest you to first make sure you are running latest stable version of Apache and Mysql.

I remember, once I had upgraded my mysql server from 4.1 to 5.x and memory usage was reduced by 20% automatically for same activities.

May be your database is now increased or may be you have upgraded your script which is causing this. If increasing RAM is not hard then I suggest you to first increase RAM.. else go for tuning your Apache, Mysql .. preferably Mysql.

X

Do you know?

By participating in our community you can get free Top Level Domain for lifetime.
Know more..
Join Now!
anything