Author Topic: What is the software used for creating games?  (Read 10592 times)

Tayab

What is the software used for creating games?
« on: October 09, 2012, 12:28:28 PM »
I am in need of a program which allows us to create the games easily, the PC downloaded games, not the one like browser. I've recently downloaded a software "GameMaker" from yoyogames.com but having hard time understanding the features and even not sure it is good what I want or not. Would someone get to my solution please? 
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 12:35:32 PM by Tayab »

Savera

Re: What is the software used for creating games?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 05:03:23 AM »
I don't really have much information regarding this but just from software, you can't create a real game, you need to know some kind of programming. You can also try some open source game engine, they have tutorial and if you study them for a few months, you can create your own game.

OGRE is very famous one :
Code: [Select]
Since 2001, OGRE has grown to become one of the most popular open-source graphics rendering engines, and has been used in a large number of production projects, in such diverse areas as games, simulators, educational software, interactive art, scientific visualisation, and others. You can read what other people have said about it, and it's free, so why not try it out?

phpdeveloper

Re: What is the software used for creating games?
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 09:27:45 AM »
for console games you need know C and C++ or java  with the any one of these language you can create custom software or games for Pc and Mobiles ......

X

Do you know?

IfandBut.com is place where you can meet serious webmasters and make new ties to grow your business.
Join Now!