Author Topic: Abuse on forums  (Read 17234 times)

jackiepreece

Abuse on forums
« on: March 03, 2012, 06:47:07 PM »
I am being subjected to some serious abuse by an number of people on a forum set up by If and But.  The forum is called A Miscarriage of Justice?  I have just had a previous forum shut down which was also run by JOHN lamberton and someone called Tim and someone called Sarah which was on a forum run by proboards.
I had death threats made to me on that forum and when I copied them to proboards the site was closed down immediately and the police are dealing with it. Do you know the proper route I need to complainto.  You only have to visit the site yourself to see the abuse

Jackie Preece

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.

Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this forum's owner. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.

You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.

You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another person except an administrator, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another person's account for any reason.  We also HIGHLY recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft.

After you register and login to this forum, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the forum owner or staff determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.

Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.

Also note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.

jackiepreece

Internet Forum Abuse
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 06:52:47 PM »
I am being subjected to some serious abuse by an number of people on a forum set up by If and But.  The forum is called A Miscarriage of Justice?  I have just had a previous forum shut down which was also run by JOHN lamberton and someone called Tim and someone called Sarah which was on a forum run by proboards.
I had death threats made to me on that forum and when I copied them to proboards the site was closed down immediately and the police are dealing with it. Do you know the proper route I need to complainto.  You only have to visit the site yourself to see the abuse

Jackie Preece

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.

Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this forum's owner. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.

You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.

You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another person except an administrator, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another person's account for any reason.  We also HIGHLY recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft.

After you register and login to this forum, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the forum owner or staff determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.

Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.

Also note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.

Jaffery

• Administrator
Re: Abuse on forums
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 08:01:46 PM »
Why you made multiple posts, I had to collect all posts at once place.

Now coming to your  issue, it is sad to know that you are facing such problem but regarding Forum set up by IF and But, well we don't set forum for anybody but yes we have many free themes available online free to use for SMF software, so I think someone using our FREE template on SMF software is running that forum. We don't have any connection with them.

I suggest that you find their website IP and from that lodge complaint to police. You can even request ISP to such behaviour, they may terminate their services.

john

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 08:25:38 PM »
That individual Jackie Preece is a sandwich short of a picnic Jaffery.  Nobody threatened to shoot her with anything more sinister than a camera.  She is apparently camera shy and has good reason to be.

To explain to you and everyone. Miss Preece is an activist for child murderer Jeremy Bamber who shot dead his entire family including adoptive father, mother, sister and her 6-year-old twins boys in August 1985.  The site which she refers to which was previously hosted by ProBoards was threaten by her that if they didn't suspend our forum she would contact all their advertisers.  This is coercion in anyone's language so we have made a formal complaint to Brentwood Police about her.

She has been posting libellous information all over the place and this too will be dealt with by the proper authorities.   To call her a spammer would be an insult to proper spammers but you get the idea.

Ricky

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 07:50:11 AM »
Well, this is confusing. I am surprised to see all these stuff here.

How you know she is making posts here and why doesn't she know that Ifandbut.com has nothing to do it ?

X

Do you know?

IfandBut.com is place where you can meet serious webmasters and make new ties to grow your business.
Join Now!