Author Topic: How to change vbulletin 4 banner / logo from Admin panel?  (Read 12142 times)

Savera

How to change vbulletin 4 banner / logo from Admin panel?
« on: January 18, 2012, 01:36:47 PM »
Hi

I know vbulletin 4 easily allow you to change logo for forum from admin panel but I am not able to find it. I think it is in stylevars editor but there is no stylevar for logo image. I have given up and now I need help here.

Ricky

Re: How to change vbulletin 4 banner / logo from Admin panel?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 09:47:44 AM »
Ya, that is easy , you can do it from stylevars.

Goto Style Manager --> For you theme go to Style Variable Editor --> search for "titleimage" variable. That is what you need.

Dilip

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 11:45:11 AM »
Isn't it easier to change through FTP ? Nice feature though, in SMF we have to use FTP itself. Does it pose any security threats ? Like allowing logo upload to through ACP ?

Ricky

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 01:34:24 PM »
Vbulletin stylevars are mess in itself, the way we do in SMF is better, though even in VB, you are supposed to upload image file via ftp and then give its name in Stylevar editor.

Dilip

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 10:09:01 AM »
oh. SMF is very easy, especially for people who are not much into coding.

Ricky

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 11:26:21 AM »
Actually SMF is easy for coders and users but vb is more easy for people who are not into coding but while trying to make it easy , they made it harder to maintain and to hack it :)

Dilip

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 05:14:49 PM »
Does VB has any advantage over SMF ? Mainly in terms of security and SEO ? Many claim so but never seen any kind of data comparison showing how VB out performs SMF and other scripts.

Ricky

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 07:25:29 AM »
In terms of security and SEO, SMF is far better than VB, however some mods for VB helps it to perform good in terms of SEO but can be achieved with SMF too , there are few good SEO mod there, but SMF without MODs gives a good competition to VB loaded with mod. But in terms of performance, current VB is a biggest mess. I am definitely not among those who will ever favour VB.                                                                                                               

X

Do you know?

IfAndBut.com gives you a platform where you can ask questions related to web and internet..
So, why wait..
Join Now!