Webhosting Forums > Dedicated Server Administration

How much does a dedicated server cost ?

(1/3) > >>

Dilip:
How do we decide that we need a dedicated server or not ? What are the basic plans ? How much will it cost ?

Jaffery:
Decision is very easy, if your site has good traffic and your shared host is either too slow or switching you OFF due to resource usage then time to move, other reason can be if you need something specific.
Generally basic servers are not very costly, cost somewhere new $100 to start but powerful or decent server generally cost way more than that.

Dilip:
Thanks Jaffery.

Can we compare the current server and a dedicated server offered ? Do they charge more for bandwidth if we use a dedicated server ? Basic servers are too basic ? I mean it may not give an advantage and will be just  a dedicated server ?

Scrubsy:
If you've decided to go for a dedicated server, I highly suggest Liquid Web. Let me know what you decide to do.

Dilip:
Thanks Scrubsy. I am still unclear about the idea. I mean if just getting any dedicated server can bring a great difference in site loading speed, then it is a good thing. But cost also matters, if it is too much compared to shared servers, not sure if we would be really needing it. That is why I was checking if we can compare the current setup and the setup offered. How do we check such things ? Just page loaded in so and so seconds etc ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version