Author Topic: Header randomization and social icons SMF theme : Rusty White with Retro Looks  (Read 433768 times)

Ricky

Rusty White

By : Ricky.  | For SMF 2.0 , SMF 2.0.1

A white color theme with Retro feel. The theme comes with some decent features enhancements, it allows you to add link to your Facebook page, twitter page, Youtube channel, Flickr page. Ofcourse these can be disabled from the Admin Menu of theme.  Theme also comes with beautiful Random header which adds colors to your theme. You can disable random header completely or you can also add your own banner in the header. That customizable header can be used to place advertisement linking to other page or website. You can use that custom header to make special announcement on your forum and on click you can make it to go to detailed thread / page of your forum. This theme also lets you define your custom message in footer copyright.

Other feature of this theme is its inbuilt Google Plus button, it automatically adds GPlus icon on each page near your "Link Tree / Navigation tree ". You can disable this Google Plus button if you don't want to use it, no coding is required to do it, just do it from Admin Panel.

Also, you can show your own custom random banners, just need to replace themes header images with your own. You can define upto five random images. Since this theme is fluid width theme, you can also set its size as per your need, you can set it to fixed width or variable / fluid width which adjust itself as per screen resolution of client / browser window.

All Features of this theme can be found in :
SMF Admin --> Configuration --> Current Theme

(Assuming that rusty white has been selected as overall smf theme on your forum).

Features

• A fluid width theme
  • Light colored theme
  • Beautiful Header images randomization (can be turned off / on)
  • Use own banner instead of random images, optionally you can link banner to other page also
  • Allow you add your own logo from them Admin Menu
  • Utilizing CSS3 supported by all modern browser
  • Allows you to add custom copyright in footer

Some Screenshots

See Attachments :

Note: If Google Plus button is enabled, theme may give validation error.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 06:33:22 PM by Ricky »

Scribs

those are some really cool features with the social networking links and the random header.

Ricky

Thank you Scribs.

Hope to see you around. I am working on more themes with some unique features.

Viviane

I've just downloaded your theme, and I love it!  But I'm having trouble with the header.  I disabled the random header because I wanted to put my own banner in, but I can't figure out where I'm supposed to put my banner--what folder, that is--to get it to show up.  I put it in the header folder, the theme folder, the images folder, and it won't show up.  Can you help, please?

Thanks!

Viviane

Ricky

Hi Viviane, thank you very much for liking my theme.

Using own banner is very easy, upload the image somewhere in your server, like yoursite.com/images folder, now link to your image will be : http://yoursite.com/images/yourimage.png , copy it to Admin --> Current theme --> Give location of your custom banner / image:

But full link there ie. http://yoursite.com/images/yourimage.png

Viviane

Thanks, Ricky.  I have done all that--uploaded the banner and used the link "http://mysite.com/images/banner_1.png"--and disabled the custom, rotating banner, but my banner still does not show up.  I do not know what else to do. 

Edit:  I finally realised I was not supposed to be disabling the custom banner function completely.  Oops!  the banner is a bit too big--I made it the same size as the rotating banners, so I guess I need to make it smaller. 

Thanks, and again, I really love the theme!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 03:19:40 AM by Viviane »

Ricky

Hey Viviane, I am glad you figured it out. Hope to see you around .

:)

Kreator

Hello, I`m having some problems with the Rusty white theme If I post a link into the YouTube requster The icon pops up on the Forum, but if you click it it just refreshes the page

Any ideas please.

Kreator

hello? i know its new a new year but can somebody help me with this?

Ricky

Hello, I`m having some problems with the Rusty white theme If I post a link into the YouTube requster The icon pops up on the Forum, but if you click it it just refreshes the page

Any ideas please.

Actually I don't exactly get it, can you explain little more ?

Kreator

Sorry If it seems a bit vague, But in your theme you say that you can place links to social networks, Facebook Twitter etc  One of them being YouTube  so I entered our Youtube link  http://www.youtube.com/user/Anim8orWorld the icon appears on the theme but if you click on it it just refreshes the page it does not actually go to Youtube

I would assume there is some piece of code missing.

From Chrome inspect element there appears to be no embedded link

Code: [Select]
<a target="_blank" title="Visit our Youtube Page" href="" class="social_icon youtube"></a>

but the facebook icon has an embedded link

<a target="_blank" title="Meet us on Facebook" href="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Anim8orWorld/268838596511418" class="social_icon facebook"></a>
I could manually edit the page if  I knew what .php to edit but it might help others who have that problem to fix the code
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 10:09:23 AM by Kreator »

Ricky

Ok then, may be something could be broken, I will check it soon. Its though in index.template.php

Kreator

!empty($settings['rw_youtube']) ? '<li><a target="_blank" title="' . $txt['t_twitter']
Found it line 244

I might have found it sooner if Id stuck my twitter link in , But as I rarely use twitter then thought nothing of it

What part of CSS controls header Window as I would prefer placing larger pictures in that header can I control the height and width of the header?

Thanks for the nice theme

Ricky

Hey, there is a small thing missing in it I guess.

Regarding other question, for larger images, you will need lots of CSS and some image editing knowledge as those are icon are little tricky to set up there. :)

Tayab

I can't find the download link, it's very prodigious theme ever created by you.

X

Do you know?

By participating in our community you can get free top level domain as well learn about Search Engine Optimization, Server management and more..
Join Now!
anything