Webhosting Forums > Hosting Softwares and Control Panels

Change Main Domain

<< < (2/3) > >>

Scrubsy:
An Add-on domain is an alternative domain, you can host websites on them so you could have something on one domain and something completely different  on the other. Works just like a regular domain.

Dilip:
Does it work like two versions of same site ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scrubsy:
No usually people have add-ons to host completely separate sites. What you're asking is a Sub-Domain.

Jaffery:
If you are changing domain then Addon-domain will kill you site, instead move all data to your new domain and then when someone comes through old domain, 301 redirect them to new appropriate domain page. Otherwise you will have serious duplicate content issue.

Scrubsy:

--- Quote from: Jaffery on February 02, 2012, 02:25:05 PM ---If you are changing domain then Addon-domain will kill you site, instead move all data to your new domain and then when someone comes through old domain, 301 redirect them to new appropriate domain page. Otherwise you will have serious duplicate content issue.

--- End quote ---
Ok right I've got you. So what do I do? I may just create a new account...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version